The Milton Public Library
Interlibrary Loan Policy (ILL)
- Books on loan from other libraries have due dates set by the lending library. If you would like to renew an ILL, please notify us at least 5 days in advance. This gives us time to request an extension from the lending library and update our information. Books are only renewed at the discretion of the lending library – not all books may be available for a renewal.
- Interlibrary loans have processing labels attached to the book covers – please do not remove them from the book. These labels are necessary to keep track of books in our system and for shipping.
- Requested items must be older than 6 months. Newer items can possibly be ordered for our own collection.
- We cannot request videos or multimedia items. Exceptions may be possible for physical books with included audio discs (Language books, etc.) at the discretion of the lending library.
- Patrons must have a library card in good standing to request interlibrary loans (No late fees or account blocks).
- Interlibrary loans have an overdue fee of $1.00 per day if late. If items are damaged or lost, patrons are responsible for reimbursing the item’s cost to the library.
- Any policy infractions may result in a loss of ILL privileges.
About the Library
Milton Public Library
Milton, PA 17847
Phone – 570.742.7111
Fax – 570.742.7137
© 2018 The Milton Public Library. All rights reserved.