The Milton Public Library offers an interlibrary loan service to request books not available in our collection. ILL request slips are available in the library at the front desk, with requests typically taking several days to a few weeks (depending on availability).
Interlibrary Loan Policy (ILL)
- Books on loan from other libraries have due dates set by the lending library. If you would like to renew an ILL, please notify us at least 5 days in advance. This gives us time to request an extension from the lending library and update our information. Books are only renewed at the discretion of the lending library – not all books may be available for a renewal.
- Interlibrary loans have processing labels attached to the book covers – please do not remove them from the book. These labels are necessary to keep track of books in our system and for shipping.
- Requested items must be older than 6 months. Newer items can possibly be ordered for our own collection.
- We cannot request videos or multimedia items. Exceptions may be possible for physical books with included audio discs (Language books, etc.) at the discretion of the lending library.
- Patrons must have a library card in good standing to request interlibrary loans (No late fees or account blocks).
- Interlibrary loans have an overdue fee of $1.00 per day if late. If items are damaged or lost, patrons are responsible for reimbursing the item’s cost to the library.
- Any policy infractions may result in a loss of ILL privileges.