At the Milton Public Library, our goal is to offer programming, materials, and activities for children year-round. Traditionally, summer reading programs are designed to encourage elementary-aged children to keep reading during summer vacation. Preventing the “summer slide” continues to be the main objective of summer reading programs. For many families with elementary-aged children, the public library is the only community space available during the summer months where they can access free educational and cultural enrichment activities and programs.
The benefits of summer reading programming for children:
- Children are motivated to read.
- Children develop positive attitudes about reading, books, and the library.
- Children maintain their reading skills during summer vacation.
- Children have access to experiences that further their sense of discovery.
- Children have access to experiences through which they can learn to work cooperatively.
Reading & Activities
Track your reading and activities using the Activity Logs and turn in completed logs at the library for a chance to win prizes!
In addition to the library programs, we have special guests coming to do workshops and activities.
Come to the programs on Wednesdays and our Family Fun Nights! Don’t worry if you can’t make it though – attendance is not required to complete the program.
Follow us on Facebook for updates on our programs.
About the Library
Milton Public Library
Milton, PA 17847
Phone – 570.742.7111
Fax – 570.742.7137
© 2018 The Milton Public Library. All rights reserved.